Applications are now being accepted for a highly motivated, talented, and dynamic individual to serve as a full time Executive Director. This position will report to the President of the Board of Directors and will work with the local state board. The Executive Director will help build and maintain the organization’s infrastructure, implement the Emerge curriculum with the assistance from Emerge America and Emerge Nevada, aid board management, ensure the organization’s operational funding requirements are met, and support program members and alumnae.
Founded in 2007, Emerge Nevada is the premier political leadership training organization for Democratic women in Nevada. Emerge Nevada is the only comprehensive candidate training program in the State of Nevada. Our mission is to identify, train, and inspire Democratic women to pursue public office at the local, state and national levels. Emerge Nevada was the fourth state within the Emerge America network to become an affiliate. Today, Emerge Nevada is part of a national network currently working in eighteen states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
- Oversee fundraising planning and implementation;
- Lead an effort to help Emerge Nevada maintain sustainability;
- Raise fundraising budget;
- Research and develop new sources of revenues;
- Set up and organize fundraising events;
- Develop and expand lists of potential donors;
- Solicit donations from major donors and alumnae;
- Maintain financial and accounting records for the organization;
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work;
- Meet fundraising goals as set forth by Emerge Nevada.
2. Program Development
- Assist the Board in developing and implementing an annual strategic plan to advance the organization’s mission of training Democratic women to run for public office;
- Assist the Board in developing programs that support Emerge program members and Alumnae as needed;
- Develop a written five-year staffing/vision plan on the fifth and 10th year of each decade and work with the Board to coalesce into one final organizational document;
- Establish and maintain systems for measuring core aspects of organizational performance;
- Attend annual Emerge America convening;
- Attend Emerge Nevada Board meetings.
- Administer the organization’s training programs;
- Oversee outreach, recruitment and program member selection with assistance from Emerge Nevada Board of Directors to ensure diversity;
- Identify, secure, and support Emerge curriculum trainers;
- Organize weekend training sessions of the Emerge program, including scheduling speakers, organizing curriculum materials and food/beverage for each session.
- Identify annual resource requirements;
- Work with the Emerge Nevada Board President and Financing Team to prepare annual budget;
- Ensure the organization operates within budget guidelines;
- Maintain the Emerge Nevada database of donors, alumnae, and other parties as well as the Emerge Nevada’s state website;
- Ensure fundraising documentation and IRS reporting are conducted and reported by board members in appropriate and timely fashion;
- Ensure annual contracts are renewed on time as needed;
- Report on organizational development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timelines;
- Work with Emerge America, and other Emerge states by participating in national conventions and calls, and sharing best practices and other technical assistance as needed;
Other duties and special projects, as assigned.
5. Community Building
- Participate in coalitions and develop relationships with elected officials, political activists, and community organizations;
- Develop relationships with elected officials, political activists; non-profit organizations, political communities, and press;
- Represent the programs and point of view of Emerge Nevada to agencies, organizations, and the general public;
- Assist with manaement of relationships with Emerge program members, alumnae, Advisory Board, and Board of Directors.
- Serve as a spokesperson for Emerge Nevada;
- Develop and maintain relationships with the press;
- Jointly, with the president and secretary of the board of directors, conduct official correspondence of the organization;
- Jointly, with designated officers, execute legal documents.
7. Board and Personal Development
- Build and manage relationships with the Board of Directors;
- Keep the Board fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it;
- Assist President in scheduling and preparing for board meetings;
- Participate in board recruitment, development, and training;
- Support and engage all Emerge Nevada alumnae to keep them connected to the organization;
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Self-starter with a demonstrated commitment to Democratic ideals;
- Strong fundraising skills and organizational skills;
- Passion for the issue of advancing women in politics and knowledge of women’s political leadership issues and Nevada politics;
- Ability to develop trusted and effective working relationships with diverse and multi-cultural constituencies, including boards of directors, staff, donors, volunteers and a diverse array of supporters and stakeholders;
- Effective multi-tasking abilities and efficiency in time management; Ability to meet deadlines under pressure;
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to work independently and self-motivate;
- Ability to oversee the strategic planning process, including the development of measurable goals, and implementation of the strategic plan;
- Comfort with public speaking and excellent written and oral communications;
- Political campaign skills;
- Bachelor’s Degree is required unless work experience persuasive;
- Minimum of three years relevant fundraising experience preferred;
- Non-profit management experience in some of the following functions: boards of directors, staff, budgets, administrative functions, program development and fundraising.
JOB SCHEDULE and LOCATION
- Nevada statewide travel required;
- Valid driver's license and vehicle required;
- Some evening and monthly weekend hours for events and trainings;
- Flexible hours and work locations.
- $42k-$60k, commensurate with experience.
Emerge Nevada is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, sexual orientation/identity, or disability.
For consideration, please submit a thoughtful cover letter, resume, and salary range requirements to: Marla Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 20, 2017.