Application Process for 2013
The Emerge Nevada application process for the Class of 2013 will open on September 1, 2012 and will close on November 16, 2012. Internviews will be schedule for December 1-5, 2013 and a class will be selected upon the completion of those interviews. You can find and complete the application online at www.emergeusa.org.
Emerge Nevada seeks bright, self-motivated women who are committed to effective political leadership and are committed to run for elective office and who have:
- evidence of political leadership experience or potential, and meaningful involvement in workplace or community
- interest in running for political office
- demonstrated ability to bring together disparate groups to achieve a goal
- ability and desire to build effective networks
- ability to articulate a personal political vision
- demonstrated ability to inspire others
- commitment to full participation and attendance requirements of the trainings
Applicants must be women who are Democrats and who reside in the state of Nevada.
Emerge Nevada will select between 20-25 women from across the state who meet the above criteria and who we believe have the potential to be political leaders.
Emerge embraces diversity and encourages applications from all women regardless of age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, marital status, religious affiliation, sexual orientation or physical abilities.
2013 Training Schedule
January 5 & 6, 2013
Febuary 2, 2013
March 2, 2013
April 6, 2013
May 4, 2013
June 1, 2013
*There will be an additional day in March that will be scheduled as a Grassroots Lobby Day
All trainings will be at AFSCME unless otherwise notified. In Carson City the breakfast will be the State Legislature and the training will be at the AFSCME office.
If needed, we will provide a $150.00 travel stipend to Carson City. We will pay up to $300.00 for the women traveling from Northern Nevada, and we will also provide housing in both places.