After reading these instructions, please click here to begin your application for Emerge Nevada. The application deadline is December 9, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.
- Create a Username and an email will be sent to you so you can set up a password.
- Sign-in and "Add a Record" under the "My Applications" tab.
- Take your time to thoughtfully complete the questions.
- Choose 2 references and ask them to complete a short recommendation on your behalf.
- Pay the $50 non-refundable application fee.
What you will need to complete your application:
- Contact and Biographical information
- Headshot Photo
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Short Essay Questions (may be cut and pasted, see instructions)
- 2 References
- Scholarship Information
- A non-refundable application fee of $50.
Your application will be complete once you have:
- Completed the online application;
- Paid the non-refundable application fee; and
- Emerge Nevada has received two letters of reference. Please use the link provided in the application to obtain the letters. Do not have your letters sent through the mail. Referneces must come through our online portal. (see online application.)
You are responsible for ensuring that your application is complete. Applications are not reviewed until all three criteria have been received. You may pay the fee online (see above) or mail a check to Emerge Nevada, 848 N. Rainbow Blvd. #3, Las Vegas, NV 89107.
Tuition for the Emerge Nevada Program is $500. There is an additional $500 fundraising requirement for a total of $1,000. We will work on the raise requirement as a class. Tuition offsets the cost of Emerge Nevada's out-of pocket costs for providing the weekend training sessions.
Emerge Nevada believes that individual financial circumstances should NOT be a barrier to participation in the Program. Partial financial aid may be awarded after admission to the Program.
The success of the Emerge Nevada Program depends upon each participant's commitment to the Program's entire schedule. Approximately 80 hours are conducted in the classroom. There are two outside events that students are asked to participate in.
During the course of the Program, Emerge Nevada participants are also required to complete the following:
- Attend at least one Democratic Party central committee meeting;
- Volunteer a minimum of twenty (20) hours on a Democratic political candidate's campaign of their choosing;
- Complete six (6) volunteer hours with an approved community partner; and
- Volunteer at least four (4) hours for a Democratic Party organization.
Attendance is critically important. Students who miss more than one class will not be able to graduate. Additionally, make up sessions are not offered.
Unless noted, all classes are held on Saturdays. The dates for the 2017 program are as follows:
- February 3, 2017 - Orientation (Friday evening - Reno)
- February 4, 2017 - First Day and Matriarch Celebration (Carson City)
- February 5, 2017 - Class #2 (Reno)
- March 18, 2017 - Class #3 (Reno)
- March 19-20, 2017 - Class Field Trip to Grassroots Lobby Days (Sunday and Monday - Carson City)
- March 25, 2017 - Woman of the Year Reception/Graduation of Debbie Smith Class of 2016 (Las Vegas)
- April 8, 2017 - Class #4 (Las Vegas OR Reno)
- April 29, 2017 - Class #5 (Las Vegas)
- May 20, 2017 - Class #6 (Las Vegas)
- June 3, 2017 - Class #7 (Las Vegas)
- June 17, 2017 - Class #8 (Las Vegas)
- July 15, 2017 - Final day of Class (Las Vegas)
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emerge Nevada seeks bright, self-motivated women who are committed to effective political leadership and are committed to run for elective office and who have:
- evidence of political leadership experience or potential, and meaningful involvement in workplace or community
- interest in running for political office
- demonstrated ability to bring together disparate groups to achieve a goal
- ability and desire to build effective networks
- ability to articulate a personal political vision
- demonstrated ability to inspire others
- commitment to full participation and attendance requirements of the trainings
Applicants must be women who are registered to vote as Democrats and who reside in the state of Nevada.
Emerge Nevada will select up to 24 women from across the state who meet the above criteria and who we believe have the potential to be political leaders.
Emerge embraces diversity and encourages applications from all women regardless of age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, marital status, religious affiliation, sexual orientation or physical abilities.