Application Process for 2014
The Emerge Nevada application process for the Class of 2014 will open on September 1, 2013 and will close on October 15, 2013. Interviews will be scheduled and a class will be selected upon the completion of those interviews. You can find and complete the application online at www.emergeusa.org.
Emerge Nevada seeks bright, self-motivated women who are committed to effective political leadership and are committed to run for elective office and who have:
- evidence of political leadership experience or potential, and meaningful involvement in workplace or community
- interest in running for political office
- demonstrated ability to bring together disparate groups to achieve a goal
- ability and desire to build effective networks
- ability to articulate a personal political vision
- demonstrated ability to inspire others
- commitment to full participation and attendance requirements of the trainings
Applicants must be women who are Democrats and who reside in the state of Nevada.
Emerge Nevada will select between 20-25 women from across the state who meet the above criteria and who we believe have the potential to be political leaders.
Emerge embraces diversity and encourages applications from all women regardless of age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, marital status, religious affiliation, sexual orientation or physical abilities.
All trainings will be at AFSCME unless otherwise notified.
Tuition for the Emerge Nevada Program is $350. Tuition offsets the cost of Emerge Nevada's out-of-pocket costs for providing the weekend training sessions. Emerge Nevada believes that individual circumstances should NOT be a barrier to participation in the program. Partial financial aid may be awarded after admission to the program.
A non-refundable application fee of $35 is required and must be submitted along with a completed application. You can make the payment online or mail a check or money order payable to Emerge Nevada.